1.“Oceanfront” means that the room is fronting the ocean while “ocean view” means that the room has a view of the ocean whether a clear one or not.
2.Oceanfront rooms are usually more expensive and offer a better view while ocean view rooms are less expensive and usually only a small view of the ocean.
3.Both “oceanfront” and “ocean view” are terms used to market the establishment and, while they may be true to their words, sometimes the rooms might just show a limited view of the ocean.
4.Oceanfront and ocean view do not necessarily mean that you have direct access to the sea or the beach; only that you can see the ocean from your room.
5. Ocean Access means that you have direct access to the beach.
6. Swim-Up Suites. The pool is connected to your patio
7. Club Level Suites with private check-in, personalized concierges services, spa discounts and access to the exclusive Club Level Lounge with premium drinks, appetizers, and table games.
8. Suites are usually a bedroom and separate living room.
9. Jr. Suites are a bedroom and living area combined.
10. Partial Ocean View lets you see only a small section of the ocean.
An ocean view room is one wherein the ocean may be visible but there are many obstructions to the view. It is a term used by most establishments as a marketing strategy.
It may not be as expensive as an oceanfront room, but if you are lucky, you might find yourself in a room with an unhindered view of the ocean.
Rooms located on the second and third floor offer better views of the ocean than those that are located on the first floor. Once you have arrived at your room and you are not satisfied with the view, you can always ask to be transferred to another room, preferably one with a better view.
Oceanfront rooms offer a better view of the ocean than ocean view rooms. It is still better to ask about what the resort can offer before committing because these terms can be misleading. While the room may be fronting the ocean, you might not have a direct passage towards the beach.
If you are inquiring online about these rooms, choose those that have pictures showing the room’s features not just on the inside but also its surroundings. Don’t hesitate to ask before you decide to rent one.
If you need help booking your next beach trip, call Peterson Travel Pros. 612-559-6545.