Have you ever had a great time on vacation. However, when you get home you're just feeling down? You can't move. You don't want to go to work, and you don't know what's wrong. It could be post-travel depression.
You had such a great time where you were that it's hard to come back. It's also called post-vacation blues or post-holiday blues.
When you're on your vacation it's like being in another world. The longer the trip lasts the longer the post-travel depression usually lasts. Your symptoms will be loss of appetite, being tired, having a strong nostalgia, and being depressed.
Here are ways to deal with it. You don't need to try them all. Pick the ones that work for you.
- Identify it and seek help. Don't hesitate to see professional help.
- Share your experiences with others. You could write about it, talk to people about it, or post it on social media. What ever works for you is best.
- Learn a new skill. It could be even just reading a book.
- Try to focus on being positive and thankful.
- Drink a lot of water
- Exercise regularly and eat healthy. Try to eat fresh fruits and vegetables. Stay away from preservatives. Go for a walk.
- Get back into your routines.
- Have things to look forward to. Log then into your calendar.
- Have a stay-cation. Just take the day off and do something for yourself.
- Set new goals.