It is therefore even more important to plan your corporate travel, to save you valuable time and make your travel as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. These business travel tips will help you.
Travelling with a well prepared business itinerary can save you lot of time and like every business man or women know... time is money.
A key part of your travel preparation is to complete a business template with all the information you'll need in one place. Even though it will take you little bit of time to compile, it will save you valuable time when on the road and make sure you don't forget anything you need for your journey.
What The Business Itinerary Template Should Look Like
It can look anyway you like, but it should include at least the following information:
· Dates of travel, check-in times, flight times, flight numbers, itinerary, and costs.
· The name and location of your departing and arriving airport
· Airport terminal number
· Transportation to and from your airports
· The name, address and telephone number for your hotel
· Your hotel reservation number
· Transportation from the airport to your hotel
· Names and contact numbers for your business contacts
· Names and contact numbers for all travel partners
· Your business agenda during your business trip
· Time and location for all meetings, whom you are meeting with and the meeting agenda
· Time and location for all events and whom you are entertaining or being entertained by
· Suggested daily budget and local currency exchange rate
· All other relevant information for your trip, as applicable
o Train times, station, platform, etc
o Taxi pickup times, account details or how much if you have to pay cash
o Hire car information, pickup and drop off times, location, reservation number, etc.
o Important local information, like weather, local etiquette, dress code, tipping advice, etc.
Your completed business template should be included in a travel pack that you always take with you on your business trip. You should send a copy of your business itinerary to those who will need it.
There are a couple of things you should take care of as soon as you are back from your business trip.
First, make sure you keep good track of your records and invoices throughout your trip and claim Business Travel Expenses as soon as possible.
Second, most companies require a business trip report. Your company may have a standard template, but if not, make one.
Essential Business Documents
Keep these documents in your travel pack.
· Flight tickets and boarding pass if checking in on-line
· Passport, driver’s license, international vaccination health certificate (if applicable)
· Train tickets, car rental vouchers, etc.
Business Travel Insurance Policy·
· Photocopy of all your travel documents
· Hard copy of your travel itinerary and meeting agenda
· Photocopy of the travel itinerary for the family
· Map of the area
· Business cards
· Working documents
· Travel money and company credit card
· Other cards as applicable, i.e. air miles card, business lounges access cards, etc.
Top Travel Tips