What are my advantages with having pre-check:
Why should you join TSA Pre✓®?
- TSA Pre✓® provides trusted travelers with expedited security screening for a better travel experience.
- Plan your travel with confidence and enjoy a more predictable experience.
- It’s a convenient, more efficient security screening process.
- It’s available at more than 150 airports with 12 participating airlines.
- 3-1-1 liquids
- Light jackets
Complete the online application or you can complete the entire process in person at an application center.
Schedule an appointment online or by calling (855) 347-8371 weekdays, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. ET. Walk-ins are welcome but appointments take priority.
Visit an application center to:
- Provide required documentation and fingerprints. Bring your current U.S. passport or a driver’s license and birth certificate. See other acceptable documents.
- Pay a non-refundable $85 fee valid for five years with a credit card, money order, company check or certified/cashier’s check.
- You can check your status online at any time.
How will I know that I have been cleared for TSA Pre✓®? Participating airlines will print a TSA Pre✓® indicator directly on the boarding pass.
I realized that the money I would spend on getting the pre-check option would be well worth it as the designation is good for 5 years. So I made my decision to apply.
When I went on-line to find out what I needed to do, I found that there were two options:
Pre-Check or Global Entry. Global Entry gave more benefits and was only $15 more, but I had to go to the airport for an interview to fulfill the requirements.
I applied Global Entry. As a pre-screened Global Entry member, I check-in at the Global Entry kiosk when I enter the US and I'm on my way.
Other reasons to apply for Global Entry are:
- No processing lines
- No paperwork
- Access to expedited entry benefits in other countries
- Reduced wait times
- Global Online Enrollment System (GOES) and signed up for an account.
- Filled Out the Application and paid $100
- I waited to see if I was pre-approved. I was in about a week.
- Online I signed up for an interview with TSA. The first appointment was about a month away.
- My appointment was at 10:15 at airport Terminal 1 by baggage claim carousal #2 .
- On appointment day, I left early.
- I parked in the short term parking and made my way to the office.
- When I got there, I signed in and took a seat. I was called at 10:20.
- The appointment lasted 15 minutes. They reviewed my application, took my pictures and fingerprints and I was on my way.
- I will get my card in a few weeks.