- Charleston was the fourth largest city in colonial America, and the wealthiest!
- Charleston boasts the first public college, museum, and playhouse in the U.S.
- The first golf club in America was established in Charleston in 1787.
- North America’s longest cable-stayed bridge, the Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge, spans the Charleston Harbor, connecting historic Charleston and Mount Pleasant.
- Dr. Alexander Garden, a Charleston physician, first imported “Cape Jasmine” from South Africa circa 1754. The flower was renamed “Gardenia” after Dr. Garden.
- Charleston’s first baseball team was the Sea Gulls, established in 1886. The team is now called the Charleston RiverDogs. Part owner and “Director of Fun” is actor and Charleston local Bill Murray.
Judy Peterson promotes "Special Events At Sea." If you have your own niche, I'll show you how to be the leader of your own Event At Sea. Sail to exotic ports of call while you and your guests network in the Caribbean instead of a costly