“A 7-day cruise is the most popular length because it allows vacationers ample time to experience their ship, plus typically experience about three or four cruise ports,” said Kevin Weisner, senior vice president of sales for Vacation.com.
“As travelers become more educated, they are increasingly selecting longer itineraries, and in some cases, cruises of multiple weeks or even months,” said Weisner.
Top 10 Cruise Itineraries of 15 Or More Days
1. 15-day Hawaiian Islands from San Francisco, California - This itinerary is offered on a variety of dates throughout 2015 on Princess Cruises.
2. 15-day Panama Canal [Westbound] from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida - This itinerary is available on numerous dates and through a variety of cruise lines in 2015.
3. 16-day Trans-Atlantic [Eastbound] from Miami, Florida - Of numerous trans-Atlantic options in 2015, this 16-day itinerary by Celebrity Cruises is the most popular.
4. 15-day Hawaiian Islands from Los Angeles, California - This sailing from Los Angeles is offered on numerous dates by two different cruise lines.
5. 18-day Trans-Pacific from Sydney, Australia - Passengers on this April 2015 Celebrity Cruises sailing will travel from Australia to Hawaii via New Zealand and Tahiti.
6. 15-day Trans-Atlantic [Westbound] from London, England (Harwich) - This repositioning cruise on Royal Caribbean International allows passengers to have more time to enjoy the ship and spectacular North Atlantic ports as it shifts from a summer in Europe to North America for the fall and winter.
7. 21-day Suez Canal from Istanbul, Turkey - This ambitious itinerary on Oceania Cruises brings guests from Istanbul to ports in Israel, Egypt, Oman and the United Arab Emirates.
8. 15-day Panama Canal [Eastbound ] from Los Angeles, California - Guests eager to explore the Caribbean and the engineering marvels of the Panama Canal have numerous dates to choose from in 2015.
9. (tie) 15-day Panama Canal [Eastbound] from San Diego, California - There are additional opportunities to sail through the Panama Canal for passengers departing from San Diego.
9. (tie) 21-day Southern Caribbean from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida - This three week itinerary enables travelers to explore lesser-visited islands such as Antigua, Barbados, Bonaire, Curacao and Martinique. Holland America Line
The Cruise Holidays Cruise Trends report also looked at the size of the most popular ships being selected for 2015, no matter what the itinerary.
Group cruising – typically meaning a block of eight or more staterooms – continues to be a growing trend in 2015.
“Groups are often able obtain special perks aboard the ship that individual travelers may not have access to. Plus, with it being virtually all-inclusive, a group cruise is an ideal way to manage costs, ” added Weisner.
For help planning your cruise, call Peterson Travel Pros: 612-559-6545.