1. As a value test: take the per person rate for your cruise and divide it by the number of days. Then look at how much a comparable hotel and dining would cost for just one day. The cruise almost always comes out to be the better deal. It’s a way more affordable family vacation than pretty much anywhere else.
2. All-you-can-eat food!
3. They’re a great way of getting to isolated areas. Cruise ships go to lots of places that would be hard to reach/navigate on your own
4. It’s a traveling hotel.
5. Cruising is incredibly safe.
6. Don’t feel like sitting by the pool? That’s all right, just head for the movie theater, shopping, photo galleries, bingo, trivia, karaoke, Broadway shows, dancing, comedy, or any of a dozen other onboard activities.
7. Practically everything is paid for ahead of time. If you do pay, it’s with your room key.
8. Kids, you can get away from your parents and hang out with your friends all day!
9. Parents, you can get away from your kids and relax all day!
10. You can find a cruise of any length. Weekend cruise to nowhere? Check. Week-long getaway? Check. 100+ night around-the-world sailing? Also check.
11. Something new every year on cruise ships- this year it’s indoor skydiving.
12. There are fun ships for families, refined ships for lovers of luxury, and pretty much everything in between.
13. Cruise lines organize excursions so YOU don’t have to!
14. More and more ships have free Wi-Fi…
15. You get to meet new people from all over the country, if not the world.
16. Themed cruises. Are you a metal fan, a steampunk enthusiast, or can you just not get enough of NPR? There are theme cruises for almost every taste, whether it’s pop culture or intellectual lectures.
17. It’s actually not hard to stay in shape, even with all that food. Take the stairs instead of the elevator, or run a few laps around the deck as you gaze out at the water – or whatever exotic port you happen to be in.
18. Room service is available 24/7.
19. You can actually lose track of what day it is.
20. More than 16 million people cruise every year – and all of those people can’t be wrong.
Call Peterson Travel Pros to set up your next cruise: 612-559-6545