- Port Antonio is very quiet – for the person that wants to get away from it all.It is the birthplace of jerk and has rafting on Rio Grande as well as a banana plantation tour.
- Negril has 4 miles of pristine beaches as well as seaside cliffs.The sunsets are great and don’t miss Rick’s Café for cliff diving. Even if you choose not to try it, watching is spectacular.
- Montego Bay has a cross section of activities from the Hip Strip with shops, restaurants, clubs, and local artists, five golf courses, night life, Montego Bay Convention Center and beaches.It has the largest airport in Jamaica.
- Ocho Rios is the center of all activities for the active travel who like waterfalls, hiking, and adventure. Mystic Mountain and Dunn River Falls are two fantastic excursions. It is also the birthplace of Bob Marley.
- Kingston is the capital and the political and commercial center.It has an array of cultural events, nightlife, and shopping.Don’t miss changing of the guards.It also has an airport.
- The South Coast is the bread basket area.It has the best fish and produce.The Calabash Literary Festival is help yearly.It is fabulous for bird watching and community based tourism.
If you love beaches, quiet, or adventure, Jamaica is the place to visit. There is also a volunteer program that might be right for you. New roads and English speaking Jamaicans make it easy to navigate. Plan your trip around one of their many festivals, whether it be cooking, music, running, or cultural.
Mark and I had a great time on our recent visit. We went up the chair lift at Mystic Mountain and saw the panoramic views of Ocho Rios. The bob sled ride down was a little hair raising, but it made for a fun story for our grandkids. We loved the large pool at the Palladium and all its amenities. The Hyatt Zilara was first class. The rooms were spacious and the outdoor restaurants phenomenal. We can’t wait for our next trip.
Call us to make your reservations. 612-559-6545. Peterson Travel Pros. www.petersontravelpros.com